When you combine baseball culture with superstition and tradition, you find the inspiration for the adidas Baseball x Routine Rally Cap Collection.
Centered around the idea of turning a baseball cap inside-out to rally a team and fans for a dramatic, late-inning, come-from-behind win, adidas, and Routine designers collaborated to create a special edition head-to-toe look, featuring the adidas Icon Bounce cleats and Icon Trainer, 5-Panel cap, hoodie, T-shirt and socks.
To bring the design and inspiration story to life, the team selected materials that replicate the look of both a regular baseball cap and a cap that has been turned inside-out. With all stories, it is all about the details and the special edition Rally Cap collection includes nods to green brims on caps, hand-written notes and sketches, cap buttons and sizing tags.
- adidas x Baseball Icon Bounce Trainer The adidas Baseball Icon Trainer is designed to showcase style and built to clock in hours at the batting cage and practice field. Featuring materials that mimic the look of a baseball cap that's been turned inside-out, the design features Rally Time and adidas Badge of Sport logo graphics on the tongue tab, which seamlessly blends into an IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER graphic along with the lacing system. The entire baseball cap-inspired design sits atop a full-length Bounce midsole and is powered by a translucent green outsole that features hand-written notes and drawings. Additional detailing includes co-branded adidas x Routine logos on the inside of the tongue tabs and green sockliners with hand-written notes and drawings that are inspired by inspired the green brims of baseball caps. The final touch is an adidas Badge of Sport logo lace jewel that resembles the button on the top of a cap. ($100)
- adidas x Routine Icon Bounce Cleats Featuring a sneaker-inspired upper with a TECHFIT bootie made from baseball cap-like materials, the special edition cleats feature co-branded adidas x Routine logos on the tongue tab that mimic a tag inside a baseball cap. The entire baseball cap-inspired design sits atop a full-length Bounce midsole to provide game-changing comfort and is powered by a translucent plate with a PROTRAX cleat configuration provides dynamic acceleration and traction. Additional detailing includes inside-out Rally Time and adidas Badge of Sport logo graphics on the inside tongue tabs and green sockliners with hand-written notes and drawings that are inspired by inspired the green brims of baseball caps. The final touch is an adidas Badge of Sport logo lace jewel that resembles the button on the top of a cap. (Metal Cleats $95 | Molded Cleats $90)
- adidas x Routine Short Sleeve Hoodie Inspired by the late-inning rally, the adidas x Routine Short Sleeve Hoodie flips the modern-day baseball look inside out. Design details include raw-edge cut sleeve caps, a hand-sewn woven label with stacked brand marks from both brands, and a clean applique down the center of the back that reads IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER in a flipped repeat pattern. ($50)
- adidas x Routine Scoop T-shirt New looks for classic superstition. The adidas x Routine Scoop T-shirt takes a fashionable approach to your everyday baseball graphic tee with a drop-tail silhouette and a hand-sewn woven label with stacked brand marks from both brands and the IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER™ graphic in a flipped repeat pattern on the back drop-tail panel. ($35)
- adidas x Routine 5-Panel Rally Cap The adidas x Routine 5-Panel Rally Cap takes your standard rally cap to the next level with exposed seam tape that reads IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER. Both brand marks on the side of the hat show true collaboration and when you flip the hat inside out™ the hat becomes a twisted right-side-up look that exposes the ADIDAS x ROUTINE lock up and BOLD GREEN underbill. ($35)
- adidas x Routine Crew Sock Starting with a green colorway as a nod to the underside of a baseball cap brim, the adidas x Routine Crew Sock features provide a sense of nostalgia with a unique graphic of hand-written notes and sketches on the leg of the sock. ($18)
The Special Edition Rally CapCollection will be available at https://www.adidas.com/us/routine on 3/1. For more information and images of the collection, please visit http://news.adidas.com/US and join the conversation on Twitter and Instagram via @adidasBaseball and @Routine #teamadidas.
adidas is a global designer and developer of athletic and lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories with the mission to be the best sports brand in the world. As an innovation and design leader, adidas engineers the best in high-performance products to make athletes better, faster and stronger and creates a range of classic and fresh lifestyle and high-fashion lines.
Founded in 2011, Routine is a lifestyle baseball brand focused on apparel and accessories dedicated to celebrating baseball and the lifestyle that surrounds it. For more info check out routine.com.